Yong Hong Zhong
Oil | Acrylic | Watercolour | Mixed Media | Graphite
Painting is my addiction. It is something that I am naturally drawn to and as essential and simple as breathing to me.
There are two fundamental elements which I strive for with each and every one of my paintings. The first is a solid foundation in draftsmanship, color and composition. The second is being able to express and communicate my feelings with each piece.
My urge to capture an emotion starts with a “spark”. It may be as simple as a tree against a blue sky or a rock lying on the ground, but there is certainly something there that ignites and captures my attention. I am fascinated by color and light and the way light describes forms. I can see my painting in my mind’s eye before laying down the first stroke. When I lay down my last stroke, I know that I have accomplished to capture that mood which I had initially visualized.
Being able to convey my emotions through my paintings gives me a sense of creative freedom and fulfillment. It allows me to share with others what touches me, what inspires me and what moves me.
JOIN YOUR GROUP
- Next Session Oct 4, 2022
- On the 1st Tuesday of every month
- 5 – 7pm MDT (7 – 9pm EDT, 12 – 2am BST (Wednesdays), 9 – 11am AEST (Wedesdays))
Yong Hong’s EXPERTISE
Listed below are this Master’s specialty skills. Join this Master’s group if you want to grow your skills in these areas.
Colour and Composition
Providing art critiques
Teaching how to self critique
Supplies and Tools – what to use, where to save, and where to spend
Studio Time Management
For Emerging Artists
Am I An Emerging Artist?
As an emerging artist, you have been painting regularly and feel fairly confident in your one unique style.
You've taken workshops/courses and have already been selling your work to friends, family, and in community shows, markets and beyond.
Now you're ready to take it to the next level!
YOU'RE INTERESTED IN:
- art critiques - getting expert feedback on your artwork
- selling - learn how to sell your artwork
- building your brand and marketing, leveraging social media well
- earning a steady income in an unsteady economy
- how to approach galleries and/or go solo successfully
- business skills - learn the mechanics of creating and sustaining a business as an artist
- production - studio set-up and time management to maximize production
- art licensing - what products to create, how to find a reputable producer
Stay in the Know!
Join our Mailing List to receive information about new Masters, Events and Mentorship Groups.
Many of us feel “abandoned” or alone in our artistic pursuits, and we’re looking for people to join us on our journey.
By combining interactive mentorship and trusted community, Mastrius offers a unique, powerful and affordable opportunity for growing artists like you to secure success and experience joy.