Oil | Acrylic | Graphite
The human figures in my paintings represent the emotional tension and psychological drama of life’s turning points. The blend of luminous color and buttery texture evoke the enigmatic environment where these moments of meditation originate. I have interwoven the sunflower – a symbol throughout my life embodying both sorrow and joy and collaged images from China’s Tang Dynasty – a signature of my heritage into my paintings.
I am influenced recently by the way Auguste Rodin used clay to model figures, In his Sculpture contains expression and dramatic body language and through his marvelous clay marks making we could sense of inner emotions and feelings. So I have tried to treat my color paints as clay to build up the form on canvas. The thickness of the paint evokes a sculptural physicality and multi-level quality.
JOIN YOUR GROUP
- Next session: October 19, 2022
- On the 3rd Wednesday of every month
- 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM MDT
8:00 PM - 10:00 PM EDT
1:00 AM - 3:00 AM BST Thu
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM AEST Thu
Listed below are this Master’s specialty skills. Join this Master’s group if you want to grow your skills in these areas.
Colour and Composition
Teaching How to Self Critique
Supplies and Tools – what to use, where to save, and where to spend
Studio Time Management
For Emerging & Accomplished Artists
Am I An Emerging Artist?
As an emerging artist, you have been painting regularly and feel fairly confident in your one unique style.
You've taken workshops/courses and have already been selling your work to friends, family, and in community shows, markets and beyond.
Now you're ready to take it to the next level!
YOU'RE INTERESTED IN:
- art critiques - getting expert feedback on your artwork
- selling - learn how to sell your artwork
- building your brand and marketing, leveraging social media well
- earning a steady income in an unsteady economy
- how to approach galleries and/or go solo successfully
- business skills - learn the mechanics of creating and sustaining a business as an artist
- production - studio set-up and time management to maximize production
- art licensing - what products to create, how to find a reputable producer
Am I An Accomplished Artist?
As an Accomplished artist, you have become established and successful as an artist – so now what? Mastery!
- You have a well-defined style & display strong technical skills
- You have approximately 10 years of dedication to your craft (CV/resume demonstrates approximately 10 years of shows, exhibitions, gallery representation)
- You may have started teaching others technique skills
- You worry about the risk of getting stagnant in your art growth by the distraction of commercial success
What do you learn?
- Connecting your personal voice to your craft. Personal expression of how you feel about life, communicated in your own unique way. Challenging your motives: are you painting from a place of passion, or due to pressure?
- Differentiate your work. Stand out from the crowd.
- Never stop pursuing excellence in your work. Hone the subtle nuances of technique and work in your unique voice.
Stay in the Know!
Join our Mailing List to receive information about new Masters, Events and Mentorship Groups.
Many of us feel “abandoned” or alone in our artistic pursuits, and we’re looking for people to join us on our journey.
By combining interactive mentorship and trusted community, Mastrius offers a unique, powerful and affordable opportunity for growing artists like you to secure success and experience joy.