Web Presence & Social Media Marketing for Creatives
Ensure your website, social media, and mailing list are harmonized and impactful. Understand how to create and run a digital presence so your “digital artist self” can work on your behalf while you do what you love in the studio.
Instructor: Kristen Palana
Audience: Fine Art Painters, Photographers, Digital Artists, Fiber Artists, Sculptors
For Stage(s): Beginner, Aspiring, Emerging, Accomplished/Professional
Not sure what stage you are? Visit our How It Works page for details.
Starts on Tuesday, March 21, 2023
Mar. 21 | Apr. 4 | Apr. 18 | May 2
4 sessions, 2 hrs each, every two weeks
10am – 12pm MDT
Note: Price in $USD
Out of stock
This participant-centered course seeks to help illuminate the mystery of the online realm, especially when it comes to spreading the word about you and your art through the power of an effective website and social media channels. Learn what is working or not working when it comes to your online presence and how to get all your ducks in a row, so your website and social media channels can work seamlessly on your behalf 24/7 so you’ll have more time to spend in your studio doing what you love most.
- the do’s and don’ts of having and maintaining an artist’s website,
- which social media channels to best focus on as well as their individual pros and cons
- the best days and times to post and post scheduling
- understanding and effectively communicating with target audiences
- crafting more powerful website content and types of content to post on social media
- dealing with trolls like a boss so they don’t ruin your day
- and how to start up and/or use/grow an email list to best connect with your audience and build meaningful relationships to nurture and support your art business for years to come
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- optimize and enhance any website(s) and social media channels you already have
- understand where you might need to rethink, expand, or recreate your website and social media channels to make them more powerful
- how to set up and automate some of the more time-consuming tasks like posting to social media channels
- get viewers to take actions such as signing up to a mailing list, coming to an exhibition, or buying originals or art prints.
- create audience engagement (and organically attract loyal followers who love what you do)
- how to do most digital tasks yourself so you are not forced to hire someone to do them for you. (*And if you DO decide to hire someone, you’ll have a better idea of what you want, what needs to be done, and if they are doing the job properly.)
Kristen Palana is an American/Portuguese multidisciplinary artist based in Malawi. After decades as a digital artist, she has reconnected with her fine art roots by embracing mixed media drawing and painting. Kristen’s animated films have screened in over 75 international film festivals earning numerous “Best Animated Short Film” awards including at the Cannes Short Film Festival, Italy International Film Festival, and the Sunscreen Film Festival.
As an educator, she’s taught at universities on four continents, including at The American University of Rome, where she co-founded the Film and Digital Media Program. She’s worked as a designer and educator for organizations such as the WHO, UNICEF, WFP, GIZ, UNDP, and created multimedia programs for students from all walks of life. From 2016–2019, she taught for universities and NGOs in Myanmar. She recently had a solo show of drawings at the Narrows Center for the Arts in Fall River, MA. USA, the city where she was born. Kristen is currently helping creatives to find solutions to their most pressing art, design, business, and tech problems through master classes for UN organizations, live and online mentoring, and consulting.