Mastrius Art Shows
An exclusive opportunity for members to show and sell your work.
Background Artwork by Samantha Williams-Chapelsky
Upcoming ART SHOW DETAILS
Art Show Applications are open for Mastrius Members only.
Become an Events Member for ONLY $16/mo or view all membership options.
Theme: Underpainting in Red
Size of Artwork: 12” x 12”
This is a juried show. A limited number of artists will be chosen to participate.
Artists will be required to submit 3-6 painting if accepted into the show.
Applications Closed! Stay tuned for Show Updates.
PREVIOUS SHOW SAMPLES
Requirements & Agreement
- All artwork submitted must be original pieces of artwork in both creation and composition, not copied from demos or other artists’ work.
- Artists must submit a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 6 paintings.
- Each artwork submitted (regardless of medium) must measure 12 x 12 inches.
- All artwork must have a depth of 1.5 inches.
- Watercolour: Each artwork submitted must be created on watercolour quality paper and mounted on panel or framed at any depth.
- All other mediums: Each artwork submitted must be created on gallery wrap canvas, deep cradle board, or wood panel.
- If substrate that is not 1.5 inches in depth, they must mount it on a 1.5in deep cradle board, wood panel, or approved alternative.
- Shipping details to be announced.
- By participating in Mastrius’ Land to Sky Art Show, artists commit to co-market the event through their own online channels.
- The artist agrees to represent their artwork on the digital screen to the best of their ability.
- Shipping Fee Estimate will be added and charged to the Purchaser. Shipping Fee collected may be slightly higher or lower than actual cost incurred by Artist.
- Mastrius reserves the right to use submitted artwork for Art Show marketing purposes.
- Mastrius collects 30% of the commission of all sold artworks. The remaining 70% belongs to the artist of sold artworks and will be given accordingly.
- Participating artists commit to shipping all sold artwork to the appropriate buyer(s) after the show closes.
- All artwork complaints and refunds are the sole responsibility of the artist.
ART SHOW FAQ
How will shipping be handled?
The artists are responsible for shipping all sold artwork to the appropriate buyer(s) after the show closes.
Do I need to include GST in my price?
Some artists may be GST registrants and therefore legally required to charge GST on the sale of their work. If the artist is required to charge GST, see below for the process.
If the artist is not required to charge GST, no action is required by the artist (i.e. they do not invoice us for the sale). They will receive payment within 2 weeks of the close of the show.
- If the artist is supposed to charge GST, artist includes GST within the work’s stated sale price. GST is not broken out separately by the artist.
- Mastrius sells the work, adding our GST charge to the artist’s price. We are legally required to charge on some sales.
- In cases where artist has included GST within the work’s sale price — after the work sells, the artist invoices Mastrius.
- This invoice is for 70% of the value of the work BEFORE Mastrius’ GST addition.
- Artist’s price before GST is calculated on the invoice by dividing the actual sale price by 1.05
- For example, if the painting sold on the Mastrius website for $100 + GST = $105
- The artist creates an invoice for:
- Painting value = $95.24 (i.e. $100/1.05)
- Artist receives = $66.67 (i.e. $95.24*0.7)
- GST = $3.33 (i.e. $66.67*0.05)
- Artist’s total invoice = $70 (i.e. $66.67+$3.33)
- This creates the paper trail the artist can use to account for GST on sales.
Damages & Refunds
All artwork complaints, losses, damages, and refunds are to be dealt with between the artist and customer. Mastrius is not liable for any losses or damages of artwork.
Are the art shows juried?
Yes, Mastrius Art Shows are juried.
How much commission does Mastrius take?
Mastrius takes 30% commission from the sale of all pieces.
I am not a member, can I apply?
No. All applicants MUST be Mastrius Mentorship or Events members.
Once I apply, how long will it be until I know if I got accepted or not
We typically get back to applicants within 1 week.
Do I need to send pictures of the art that will be for sale on the show - or samples of previous art?
To apply, we require one sample art piece. This piece doesn’t have to be in the show. Once an applicant is accepted, then 3-6 pieces are required to submit to the show.
When do I need my art ready and submitted to the show?
Applicants have approximately one month to prepare pieces for the show.
Can I apply if I don’t have a website and/or social media account?
Applicants MUST have a website and an artist Instagram account.
Are the pieces framed or not framed?
Watercolour: Each artwork submitted must be created on watercolour quality paper and mounted on panel or framed at any depth.
All other mediums: Each artwork submitted must be created on gallery wrap canvas, deep cradle board, or wood panel.
If substrate that is not 1.5 inches in depth, they must mount it on a 1.5in deep cradle board, wood panel, or approved alternative.
Artwork with glass is not accepted at this time.
Should my artwork be ready to hang?
Yes, please ensure your artwork has a hook or wire on the back so a client simply has to hang up the painting.
Do I need to produce new works of art for a Mastrius Show?
Yes – we prefer artists create works for the show once they are accepted into the show.
Can I use mixed media or found objects?
Please stick to using archival materials such as acrylic, oil paint, conte, charcoal, watercolor, pastel and pencil crayon.
NOTICE: All prices in $USD
DISCLAIMER: The artists are responsible for shipping all sold artwork to the appropriate buyer(s) after the show closes. All artwork complaints, losses, damages, and refunds are to be dealt with between the artist and customer. Mastrius is not liable for any losses or damages of artwork.