OIL | Watercolor | Charcoal
Born in the Fenlands of Eastern England (1972), Mark went on to study painting at the Slade School of Fine Art in London.
His early memories of the land informed his studies, and he continues to explore the inextricable link between landscape and memory in his current body of work.
After completing his degree in 1997, he won first the Duveen and then the Rootstein Hopkins travel scholarships, which took him to Iceland, Norway and Finland.
Mark’s experiences in these harsh Nordic landscapes inspired his first solo exhibition at the Proud Galleries in London (1999).
JOIN YOUR GROUP
- Next session: October 04, 2022
- On the 1st Tuesday of every month
- 3:30 PM - 5:30 PM MDT
5:30 PM - 7:30 PM EDT
10:30 PM - 12:30 AM BST Wed
8:30 AM - 10:30 AM AEDT Wed
Listed below are this Master’s specialty skills. Join this Master’s group if you want to grow your skills in these areas.
Colour and Composition
Studio Setup for Art Production
Supplies and Tools – what to use, where to save, and where to spend
Painting best practices from choice of substrate, to paint making, to the archival preservation of work
Providing Art Critiques
Teaching How to Self Critique
MARKETING & BRANDING:
Artist Statement & CV
Shows and Exhibits
Marketing and Branding
Running your art business the day-to-day
Studio Time Management
Products, Prints, & Reproductions
For Emerging Artists
Am I An Emerging Artist?
As an emerging artist, you have been painting regularly and feel fairly confident in your one unique style.
You've taken workshops/courses and have already been selling your work to friends, family, and in community shows, markets and beyond.
Now you're ready to take it to the next level!
YOU'RE INTERESTED IN:
- art critiques - getting expert feedback on your artwork
- selling - learn how to sell your artwork
- building your brand and marketing, leveraging social media well
- earning a steady income in an unsteady economy
- how to approach galleries and/or go solo successfully
- business skills - learn the mechanics of creating and sustaining a business as an artist
- production - studio set-up and time management to maximize production
- art licensing - what products to create, how to find a reputable producer
Stay in the Know!
Join our Mailing List to receive information about new Masters, Events and Mentorship Groups.
Many of us feel “abandoned” or alone in our artistic pursuits, and we’re looking for people to join us on our journey.
By combining interactive mentorship and trusted community, Mastrius offers a unique, powerful and affordable opportunity for growing artists like you to secure success and experience joy.