Oil Master | Palette Knife
Using mostly palette knives and particular brushes, Weihs applies pigment in lush impasto layers interspersed with thin glazes that enrich colors and result in canvases that glow with mysterious light and form. The vague forms and evocative spaces in her paintings become magnets that draw audiences into the mystery of creation by way of human imagination.
Her works radiate an otherworldly ambience of shimmering colors and swirling shapes. Weihs galvanizes her audience’s natural curiosity with compositions that border between abstraction and landscape. She alludes to the familiar without telling the story. Her abstracted representational subject matter is deliberately simplified to capture the “idea” or essence of a place, not the reality of it. Her abstracts show her skill at mark making and texture.
join your group
- Next session: September 26, 2022
- On the 4th Monday of every month
- 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM MDT
7:00 PM - 9:00 PM EDT
12:00 AM - 2:00 AM BST Tue
9:00 AM - 11:00 AM AEST Tue
Colour and Composition
Studio Setup for Art Production
Providing Art Critiques
Teaching How to Self Critique
MARKETING & BRANDING:
Shows and Exhibits
Running your art business the day-to-day
Studio Time Management
For ASPIRING & Emerging Artists
AM I AN ASPIRING ARTIST?
As an aspiring artist, you have been creating on the side, as a hobby, and now you’re ready to take it to the next level!
YOU’RE INTERESTED IN:
- technique – color and composition
- art critiques – get feedback on your artwork to help you narrow and hone your style
- supplies and tools – where to save and where to spend
- marketing – learn to write your artist statement and CV, build your brand, launch a website, maximize your social media
- price artwork – because your time and talent have value
Am I An Emerging Artist?
As an emerging artist, you have been painting regularly and feel fairly confident in your one unique style.
You’ve taken workshops/courses and have already been selling your work to friends, family, and in community shows, markets and beyond.
Now you’re ready to take it to the next level!
YOU’RE INTERESTED IN:
- art critiques – getting expert feedback on your artwork
- selling – learn how to sell your artwork
- building your brand and marketing, leveraging social media well
- earning a steady income in an unsteady economy
- how to approach galleries and/or go solo successfully
- business skills – learn the mechanics of creating and sustaining a business as an artist
- production – studio set-up and time management to maximize production
- art licensing – what products to create, how to find a reputable producer
Stay in the Know!
Join our Mailing List to receive information about new Masters, Events and Mentorship Groups.
Many of us feel “abandoned” or alone in our artistic pursuits, and we’re looking for people to join us on our journey.
By combining interactive mentorship and trusted community, Mastrius offers a unique, powerful and affordable opportunity for growing artists like you to secure success and experience joy.