Oil | Acrylic | Watercolour | Mixed Media | Graphite
It seems I’ve been creating and painting all my life. Growing up in New York City gave me an amazing bounty of diverse subjects in order that I might never have to repeat the same theme or subject in my work.
In the market place of success for an artist, it seems one clear statement or being well recognized for one thing or a style is contrary to my approach. I attempt to create each piece as a new conversation with a time and place all its own. I choose the language of traditional contemporary realism to communicate my vision, because it’s the language that’s most relevant to my experience.
The challenge for me is to combine accurate and compelling use of light, form and color with fascinating subjects, a slice of life which enables me to document a universal vision of humanity and of our times, and on a deeper level engaging in a dialog of what it means to be alive as the ultimate expression.
If successful I hope to encourage the viewer towards embracing their own fascination for people, places and their own sense of awe for our collective human experience.
join your group
- Next session: October 05, 2022
- On the 1st Wednesday of every month
- 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM MDT
7:00 PM - 9:00 PM EDT
12:00 AM - 2:00 AM BST Thu
9:00 AM - 11:00 AM AEST Thu
Listed below are this Master’s specialty skills. Join this Master’s group if you want to grow your skills in these areas.
Colour and Composition
Supplies and Tools – what to use, where to save, and where to spend
Studio Setup for Art Production
Providing Art Critiques
Teaching How to Self Critique
MARKETING & BRANDING:
Shows and Exhibits
Running your art business the day-to-day
Studio Time Management
Products, Prints, & Reproductions
For Emerging & Accomplished Artists
Am I An Emerging Artist?
As an emerging artist, you have been painting regularly and feel fairly confident in your one unique style.
You've taken workshops/courses and have already been selling your work to friends, family, and in community shows, markets and beyond.
Now you're ready to take it to the next level!
YOU'RE INTERESTED IN:
- art critiques - getting expert feedback on your artwork
- selling - learn how to sell your artwork
- building your brand and marketing, leveraging social media well
- earning a steady income in an unsteady economy
- how to approach galleries and/or go solo successfully
- business skills - learn the mechanics of creating and sustaining a business as an artist
- production - studio set-up and time management to maximize production
- art licensing - what products to create, how to find a reputable producer
Am I An Accomplished Artist?
As an Accomplished artist, you have become established and successful as an artist – so now what? Mastery!
- You have a well-defined style & display strong technical skills
- You have approximately 10 years of dedication to your craft (CV/resume demonstrates approximately 10 years of shows, exhibitions, gallery representation)
- You may have started teaching others technique skills
- You worry about the risk of getting stagnant in your art growth by the distraction of commercial success
What do you learn?
- Connecting your personal voice to your craft. Personal expression of how you feel about life, communicated in your own unique way. Challenging your motives: are you painting from a place of passion, or due to pressure?
- Differentiate your work. Stand out from the crowd.
- Never stop pursuing excellence in your work. Hone the subtle nuances of technique and work in your unique voice.
Stay in the Know!
Join our Mailing List to receive information about new Masters, Events and Mentorship Groups.
Many of us feel “abandoned” or alone in our artistic pursuits, and we’re looking for people to join us on our journey.
By combining interactive mentorship and trusted community, Mastrius offers a unique, powerful and affordable opportunity for growing artists like you to secure success and experience joy.