Oil | Mixed Media | Encaustic
I strive to make art that touches people’s hearts, either abstract or
figurative and has spiritual meaning for me. Through my art, I hope to
connect with others with beauty of harmony, color form and energy.
Dreams and meditation often give me a starting point on an image. I
usually work in encaustic .
Then comes the application of many layers of molten wax paint. With
encaustic, each layer is heat fused into the existing surface. At times I
draw or paint on the layers and then scrape and rebuild the facade.
I also use cold wax and oil . These paintings are also layered and
textured, but never heated because the medium contains solvent.
These actions are much like analyzing a dream. Layer after layer is
applied, scraped, incised, and marked to allow the truth of the piece to
speak. The revealed layers whisper their subtle messages. I never have
total control of my life or encaustic painting. Like jazz, there is
improvisation that can take a work to a deeper, more subconscious state
that can be meditative and musical. I allow my subconscious to take over
so that the work may transform me beyond the mundane and
predictable. I open my senses to the experience and emotionally consent
to a poetic and thrilling adventure. The fluidity of the encaustic medium
is challenging, exhilarating, inspiring and exciting, making a painting
that can be looked into as well as looked at. I strive for layered
luminosity that is appealingly tactile, encouraging viewers to stroke and
caress the surface, discovering the sensual experience of encaustic or
Join Ezshwan Winding in an upcoming event!
LIVE DEMO: With Ezshwan Winding
Saturday, April 16
10:00am – 12:00pm MDT (12pm – 2pm EDT)
Join YOUR GROUP
Listed below are this Master’s specialty skills. Join this Master’s group if you want to grow your skills in these areas.
Colour and Composition
Supplies and Tools – what to use, where to save, and where to spend
Studio Setup for Art Production
Providing Art Critiques
Teaching How to Self Critique
MARKETING & BRANDING:
Artist Statement & CV
Shows and Exhibits
Marketing & Branding
Running your art business the day-to-day
Studio Time Management
For ASPIRING & Emerging Artists
AM I AN ASPIRING ARTIST?
As an aspiring artist, you have been creating on the side, as a hobby, and now you're ready to take it to the next level!
YOU'RE INTERESTED IN:
- technique - color and composition
- art critiques - get feedback on your artwork to help you narrow and hone your style
- supplies and tools - where to save and where to spend
- marketing - learn to write your artist statement and CV, build your brand, launch a website, maximize your social media
- price artwork – because your time and talent have value
Am I An Emerging Artist?
As an emerging artist, you have been painting regularly and feel fairly confident in your one unique style.
You've taken workshops/courses and have already been selling your work to friends, family, and in community shows, markets and beyond.
Now you're ready to take it to the next level!
YOU'RE INTERESTED IN:
- art critiques - getting expert feedback on your artwork
- selling - learn how to sell your artwork
- building your brand and marketing, leveraging social media well
- earning a steady income in an unsteady economy
- how to approach galleries and/or go solo successfully
- business skills - learn the mechanics of creating and sustaining a business as an artist
- production - studio set-up and time management to maximize production
- art licensing - what products to create, how to find a reputable producer
Stay in the Know!
Join our Mailing List to receive information about new Masters, Events and Mentorship Groups.
Many of us feel “abandoned” or alone in our artistic pursuits, and we’re looking for people to join us on our journey.
By combining interactive mentorship and trusted community, Mastrius offers a unique, powerful and affordable opportunity for growing artists like you to secure success and experience joy.