Oil | Mixed Media
My history as an artist begins before my birth. At the end of the 19th century, my great grandfather, Juan Gamboa Guzmán, was one of the most recognized painters in the State of Yucatán, Mexico; he was, also, one of the first professional photographers in my hometown: Mérida. During the 20th century, it was my grandfather, Ermilo Torre, who was recognized as one of the greatest artists in the city. I grew up surrounded by art; since I was a child, I spent my time creating stories for the characters in the paintings around me. My most joyful activity during my childhood was to draw.
As a teenager, when I had enough reasons to hide, my art became a way of reconnecting with the outside world. The young, introverted and insecure boy I was, found in the canvases a way of communication and interaction with the rest of the world, as well as the only true way of catharsis to balance my emotions and thoughts.
JOIN YOUR GROUP
- Next session: October 03, 2022
- On the 1st Monday of every month
- 3:30 PM - 5:30 PM MDT
5:30 PM - 7:30 PM EDT
10:30 PM - 12:30 AM BST Tue
8:30 AM - 10:30 AM AEDT Tue
Listed below are this Master’s specialty skills. Join this Master’s group if you want to grow your skills in these areas.
Colour and Composition
Studio Setup for Art Production
Teaching How to Self Critique
MARKETING & BRANDING:
Artist Statement & CV
Shows and Exhibits
Running your art business the day-to-day
For Emerging Artists
Am I An Emerging Artist?
As an emerging artist, you have been painting regularly and feel fairly confident in your one unique style.
You've taken workshops/courses and have already been selling your work to friends, family, and in community shows, markets and beyond.
Now you're ready to take it to the next level!
YOU'RE INTERESTED IN:
- art critiques - getting expert feedback on your artwork
- selling - learn how to sell your artwork
- building your brand and marketing, leveraging social media well
- earning a steady income in an unsteady economy
- how to approach galleries and/or go solo successfully
- business skills - learn the mechanics of creating and sustaining a business as an artist
- production - studio set-up and time management to maximize production
- art licensing - what products to create, how to find a reputable producer
Stay in the Know!
Join our Mailing List to receive information about new Masters, Events and Mentorship Groups.
Many of us feel “abandoned” or alone in our artistic pursuits, and we’re looking for people to join us on our journey.
By combining interactive mentorship and trusted community, Mastrius offers a unique, powerful and affordable opportunity for growing artists like you to secure success and experience joy.