Oil | Pastel | Charcoal
All art is a form of story-telling, and mine tells the story of interpreting light – a constant element in my paintings. Whether it is the subtle colors of dusk, or a simple stream of light in a dimly lit interior, all these effects motivate me to capture the image on canvas of paper.
Throughout the years, I’ve worked in watercolor, acrylics, charcoal, pen & ink, and monotypes, but my primary focus is oils and pastels.
With oils, I enjoy the expressive brush strokes and the way paint can be manipulated on canvas or paper. With pastels, I love the texture, the explosive color, and the bold strokes I can achieve.
JOIN YOUR GROUP
Listed below are this Master’s specialty skills. Join this Master’s group if you want to grow your skills in these areas.
Colour and Composition
Supplies and Tools – what to use, where to save, and where to spend
Studio Setup for Art Production
Providing Art Critiques
Teaching How to Self Critique
MARKETING & BRANDING:
Artist Statement & CV
Shows and Exhibits
Marketing & Branding
Studio Time Management
For Emerging Artists
Am I An Emerging Artist?
As an emerging artist, you have been painting regularly and feel fairly confident in your one unique style.
You've taken workshops/courses and have already been selling your work to friends, family, and in community shows, markets and beyond.
Now you're ready to take it to the next level!
YOU'RE INTERESTED IN:
- art critiques - getting expert feedback on your artwork
- selling - learn how to sell your artwork
- building your brand and marketing, leveraging social media well
- earning a steady income in an unsteady economy
- how to approach galleries and/or go solo successfully
- business skills - learn the mechanics of creating and sustaining a business as an artist
- production - studio set-up and time management to maximize production
- art licensing - what products to create, how to find a reputable producer
Stay in the Know!
Join our Mailing List to receive information about new Masters, Events and Mentorship Groups.
Many of us feel “abandoned” or alone in our artistic pursuits, and we’re looking for people to join us on our journey.
By combining interactive mentorship and trusted community, Mastrius offers a unique, powerful and affordable opportunity for growing artists like you to secure success and experience joy.