David Simons is a self-taught artist of over 30 years from Tubac, Arizona. His unique and captivating oil paintings have made him one of the most notable artists in the Southwest, with collectors worldwide.
Displaying a range of diverse subjects in his work, David brings his signature style to life with scenes from the southwest, seascapes, portraits, still life, and more. David also hosts workshops on oil painting and is a renowned artist not only by Arizona locals, but national publications such as Southwest Art, Art Talk Magazine, and Arizona Highways.
“Oil painting for me is a meditative experience – essential to my wellbeing, and a necessary part of my life. Painting brings me great joy, and, I hope, uplifts the hearts of those who view my work.
I like to explore the subtle ways that light affects the subject. I also enjoy color, but the value relationships in a scene are what interest me most. I also like to emphasize the abstract nature of what surrounds us.”
JOIN YOUR GROUP
- Next session: December 06, 2022
- On the 1st Tuesday of every month
- Find Your Timezone:
6:00 PM - 8:00 PM MST Tue
8:00 PM - 10:00 PM EST Tue
1:00 AM - 3:00 AM GMT Wed
12:00 PM - 2:00 PM AEDT Wed
Listed below are this Master’s specialty skills. Join this Master’s group if you want to grow your skills in these areas.
Colour and Composition
Studio Setup for Art Production
Providing Art Critiques
Teaching How to Self Critique
MARKETING & BRANDING:
Shows and Exhibits
Running your art business the day-to-day
Studio Time Management
Products, Prints, & Reproductions
For Emerging Artists
Am I An Emerging Artist?
As an emerging artist, you have been painting regularly and feel fairly confident in your one unique style.
You've taken workshops/courses and have already been selling your work to friends, family, and in community shows, markets and beyond.
Now you're ready to take it to the next level!
YOU'RE INTERESTED IN:
- art critiques - getting expert feedback on your artwork
- selling - learn how to sell your artwork
- building your brand and marketing, leveraging social media well
- earning a steady income in an unsteady economy
- how to approach galleries and/or go solo successfully
- business skills - learn the mechanics of creating and sustaining a business as an artist
- production - studio set-up and time management to maximize production
- art licensing - what products to create, how to find a reputable producer
Stay in the Know!
Join our Mailing List to receive information about new Masters, Events and Mentorship Groups.
Many of us feel “abandoned” or alone in our artistic pursuits, and we’re looking for people to join us on our journey.
By combining interactive mentorship and trusted community, Mastrius offers a unique, powerful and affordable opportunity for growing artists like you to secure success and experience joy.