Mixed Media | Collage
My art reflects my life in an abstract way and is my way of expressing what I am not able to vocalize.
Living in an old house in the countryside fort he past thirteen years has influenced my art. Being surrounded by nature and observing its constant change has shifted the focus of my artmaking toward exploring the themes of time and transience.
I create my work in solitude and loose myself completely in the process letting the image find its own path and just let the magic happen. I am faszinated by the materiality of papers and of the possiblities and textures that develop in the process of creating. Using my own experiences and sometimes my own photos as a starting point I aim to bring the image into universalization by abstraction.
The images symbolize the process of life, the gathering of experiences and impressions, the aging, the remembering and forgetting as well as everything cyclic in nature that is often represented by the use of the shape of the circle in my work.
JOIN YOUR GROUP
- Next Session July 2, 2022
- On the 1st Saturday of every month
- 10am - 12pm MDT (12 - 2pm EDT, 5 - 7pm BST, 6-8pm CEST, 2 - 4am AEST (Sunday))
Listed below are this Master’s specialty skills. Join this Master’s group if you want to grow your skills in these areas.
Colour and Composition
Studio Setup for Art Production
Supplies and Tools - what to use, where to save, and where to spend
Providing Art Critiques
Teaching How to Self Critique
MARKETING & BRANDING:
Artist Statement & CV
Authenticity as an Artist
Running your art business the day-to-day
Studio Time Management
For Emerging Artists
Am I An Emerging Artist?
As an emerging artist, you have been painting regularly and feel fairly confident in your one unique style.
You've taken workshops/courses and have already been selling your work to friends, family, and in community shows, markets and beyond.
Now you're ready to take it to the next level!
YOU'RE INTERESTED IN:
- art critiques - getting expert feedback on your artwork
- selling - learn how to sell your artwork
- building your brand and marketing, leveraging social media well
- earning a steady income in an unsteady economy
- how to approach galleries and/or go solo successfully
- business skills - learn the mechanics of creating and sustaining a business as an artist
- production - studio set-up and time management to maximize production
- art licensing - what products to create, how to find a reputable producer
Stay in the Know!
Join our Mailing List to receive information about new Masters, Events and Mentorship Groups.
Many of us feel “abandoned” or alone in our artistic pursuits, and we’re looking for people to join us on our journey.
By combining interactive mentorship and trusted community, Mastrius offers a unique, powerful and affordable opportunity for growing artists like you to secure success and experience joy.