Vibrant flowers and spirited animals and birds have been showing up in my illustration and fine art for many years. The inspiration can come from anywhere. It can be found in the pistachio colour of an aspen trunk in the rain, a spotted horse in the pasture, the golden colour of light during a walk to the chicken house or the inquisitive birds which are a common element in a vivid mix of florals, patterns and animals.
The seed for a painting can start as tiny thumbnail drawings in sketchbooks, notebooks and bits of paper that litter the studio. Sometimes the ideas come in an instant and sometimes they simmer for a long while.
Thick and lively brushstrokes are reminiscent of the swirling scratchboard marks from my early years of illustration. They have a flow that tends to wrap themselves around the objects creating energy and movement. Pure and vibrant colours give the paintings an optimistic and life-affirming quality.
It all comes to life in gardens, interiors and still lifes where they fuse in an exuberant and joyful mix that playfully hints of the great connection between all life, reminding us that there is still wonder in this world and reason for hope.
JOIN YOUR GROUP
- Next Session June 15, 2022
- On the 3rd Wednesday of every month
- 5:00pm - 7:00pm MT (7:00pm - 9:00pm ET)
Listed below are this Master’s specialty skills. Join this Master’s group if you want to grow your skills in these areas.
Colour and Composition
Children’s Book Illustration
Providing Art Critiques
Teaching How to Self Critique
MARKETING & BRANDING:
Representatives for Artists
For Emerging Artists
Am I An Emerging Artist?
As an emerging artist, you have been painting regularly and feel fairly confident in your one unique style.
You've taken workshops/courses and have already been selling your work to friends, family, and in community shows, markets and beyond.
Now you're ready to take it to the next level!
YOU'RE INTERESTED IN:
- art critiques - getting expert feedback on your artwork
- selling - learn how to sell your artwork
- building your brand and marketing, leveraging social media well
- earning a steady income in an unsteady economy
- how to approach galleries and/or go solo successfully
- business skills - learn the mechanics of creating and sustaining a business as an artist
- production - studio set-up and time management to maximize production
- art licensing - what products to create, how to find a reputable producer
Stay in the Know!
Join our Mailing List to receive information about new Masters, Events and Mentorship Groups.
Many of us feel “abandoned” or alone in our artistic pursuits, and we’re looking for people to join us on our journey.
By combining interactive mentorship and trusted community, Mastrius offers a unique, powerful and affordable opportunity for growing artists like you to secure success and experience joy.