Oil, Acrylic, & Watercolour
I have a thing for the direct experience. I’ve always strived to create art that reflects just that. It is a daunting exercise. There is power in the moments of our lives. I make pictures as a discipline to be present for the immediate experience. It is this impetus that sends me into exploring landscapes, rendering a model or portrait – that direct experience, to see what I could see, mind and body.
To me painting and making images is a powerful and fundamental form of expression and so becomes a way to immerse myself in the creative process and push into the limitless possibilities. To commit to the experience. I’d rather reach and fall down than stagnate. There are many reasons why a picture is made and we’ll explore them. I would like to invite you into a dialogue of our common journey - picture making and storytelling. I’d like to share what I’ve learned over the last 45 years navigating through the world of art, as a practitioner and a professional.
JOIN YOUR GROUP
- Next Session Oct 25, 2022
- On the 4th Tuesday of every month
- 6 - 8pm MDT
- 8 - 1pm EDT
- 4 - 6am BST (Wednesdays)
- 12 - 2pm AEST (Wednesdays)
Listed below are this Master’s specialty skills. Join this Master’s group if you want to grow your skills in these areas.
Colour and Composition
Supplies and Tools - what to use, where to save, and where to spend
Studio Setup for Art Production
Providing Art Critiques
Teaching How to Self Critique
MARKETING & BRANDING:
Shows and Exhibits
Marketing & Branding
Running your art business the day-to-day
Studio Time Management
Products, Prints, & Reproductions
For Emerging Artists
Am I An Emerging Artist?
As an emerging artist, you have been painting regularly and feel fairly confident in your one unique style.
You've taken workshops/courses and have already been selling your work to friends, family, and in community shows, markets and beyond.
Now you're ready to take it to the next level!
YOU'RE INTERESTED IN:
- art critiques - getting expert feedback on your artwork
- selling - learn how to sell your artwork
- building your brand and marketing, leveraging social media well
- earning a steady income in an unsteady economy
- how to approach galleries and/or go solo successfully
- business skills - learn the mechanics of creating and sustaining a business as an artist
- production - studio set-up and time management to maximize production
- art licensing - what products to create, how to find a reputable producer
Stay in the Know!
Join our Mailing List to receive information about new Masters, Events and Mentorship Groups.
Many of us feel “abandoned” or alone in our artistic pursuits, and we’re looking for people to join us on our journey.
By combining interactive mentorship and trusted community, Mastrius offers a unique, powerful and affordable opportunity for growing artists like you to secure success and experience joy.