Oil | Graphite
I paint the landscape because I find it endlessly fascinating. I strive to infuse each painting with that fascination.
I paint from a combination of scenes discovered on my journeys through the American West.
I paint from field sketches, color studies, and photographs using palette knives to get maximum texture. My intent is to capture the emotional essence of a scene rather than a literal portrait. The rhythm of line and shape create a visual pathway. The color of light and the quality of the air combine to create color harmony.
The texture of the paint delights the eye on its journey.
JOIN YOUR GROUP
- Next Session August 10, 2022
- On the 2nd Wednesday of every month
- 6pm – 8pm MDT
- 8pm – 10pm EDT
- 1am – 3am BST (Thursdays)
- 10am-12pm AEST (Thursdays)
Listed below are this Master’s specialty skills. Join this Master’s group if you want to grow your skills in these areas.
MARKETING & BRANDING:
Colour and Composition
Teaching How to Self Critique
Supplies and Tools – what to use, where to save, and where to spend
Running your art business the dayto-day
For Emerging Artists
Am I An Emerging Artist?
As an emerging artist, you have been painting regularly and feel fairly confident in your one unique style.
You've taken workshops/courses and have already been selling your work to friends, family, and in community shows, markets and beyond.
Now you're ready to take it to the next level!
YOU'RE INTERESTED IN:
- art critiques - getting expert feedback on your artwork
- selling - learn how to sell your artwork
- building your brand and marketing, leveraging social media well
- earning a steady income in an unsteady economy
- how to approach galleries and/or go solo successfully
- business skills - learn the mechanics of creating and sustaining a business as an artist
- production - studio set-up and time management to maximize production
- art licensing - what products to create, how to find a reputable producer
Stay in the Know!
Join our Mailing List to receive information about new Masters, Events and Mentorship Groups.
Many of us feel “abandoned” or alone in our artistic pursuits, and we’re looking for people to join us on our journey.
By combining interactive mentorship and trusted community, Mastrius offers a unique, powerful and affordable opportunity for growing artists like you to secure success and experience joy.