Acrylic | Watercolour | Mixed Media
Teaching is my life, paired with painting and moving through the world creatively. Working with other painters to help them identify, refine, and express their version of beautifully different or compelling is one the passions I hold most dear. As a self-taught artist of 18 years, I came about this journey of art through unique circumstances and found that it held great potential for helping me learn to connect and express how I feel about my human experiences through the incredible combination of paint, pigment, and paper.
When I knew I needed a style I didn’t have an academic program, professor, or mentor to help me understand how to develop that, so I turned inward and committed a year to studying and defining what gives an artist their ‘style.’ That was the most important year of my life professionally because it equipped me with understanding the head space, skills, and heart connection that every artist needs to curate their own visual language and use it to express a narrative of their choice.
JOIN YOUR GROUP
- Next Session July 5, 2022
- On the 1st Tuesday of every month
- 6:00pm - 8:00pm MT (8:00pm - 10:00pm ET)
Listed below are this Master’s specialty skills. Join this Master’s group if you want to grow your skills in these areas.
Colour and Composition
Supplies and Tools - what to use, where to save, and where to spend
Studio Setup for Art Production
Providing Art Critiques
Teaching How to Self Critique
MARKETING & BRANDING:
Artist Statement & CV
Marketing & Branding
Studio Time Management
Products, Prints, & Reproductions
For Emerging Artists
Am I An Emerging Artist?
As an emerging artist, you have been painting regularly and feel fairly confident in your one unique style.
You've taken workshops/courses and have already been selling your work to friends, family, and in community shows, markets and beyond.
Now you're ready to take it to the next level!
YOU'RE INTERESTED IN:
- art critiques - getting expert feedback on your artwork
- selling - learn how to sell your artwork
- building your brand and marketing, leveraging social media well
- earning a steady income in an unsteady economy
- how to approach galleries and/or go solo successfully
- business skills - learn the mechanics of creating and sustaining a business as an artist
- production - studio set-up and time management to maximize production
- art licensing - what products to create, how to find a reputable producer
Stay in the Know!
Join our Mailing List to receive information about new Masters, Events and Mentorship Groups.
Many of us feel “abandoned” or alone in our artistic pursuits, and we’re looking for people to join us on our journey.
By combining interactive mentorship and trusted community, Mastrius offers a unique, powerful and affordable opportunity for growing artists like you to secure success and experience joy.