Taking Reference Photos for Paintings TPV-012
6 Weekly Sessions
Mondays: 5:00-6:00pm MDT (7-8pm EDT)
Apr. 11 | Apr. 18 | Apr. 25 | May. 2 | May. 9 | May. 16
Note: Registrants MUST have a camera with manual settings (i.e. a DSLR), but it doesn’t need to be anything fancy.
Out of stock
This course is exclusive to Mastrius Members, Navigators, and Masters.
- 6 interactive mentorship sessions led by Master Photographer David Chidley
- Private MastriusChat group for the course duration
- Between-session interaction on MastriusChat
- Recordings of each session
Are you an artist who wants to improve your photography? Learn how to create better photographic images and expand your skills to improve your reference images.
- Learn the fundamentals of photographic exposure controls and how to control their characteristics.
- Discover how photographic White Balance settings will render proper or colour toned results.
- Create well-defined images, capturing details and light.
- See and produce images of good clarity
- Experiment with Literal and Abstract image captures
- Control perspective, exaggerating or flattening a scene.
- Discover how to create a large depth of field for foreground and background sharpness
- Discover and use Bokeh the “blur quality”, for completely soft-focus backgrounds
- Learn skills for freezing fast-moving subjects
- Tips and enlightenment to make your photography fun, more inspiring, and useful as an artist.