Brad Teare Mentorship Group MG227
$87.00 / month
Brad Teare For Emerging Artists
Next session: April 12, 2023
On the 2nd Wednesday of every monthThis global group meets at:
6:00 PM - 8:00 PM MDT Wed
8:00 PM - 10:00 PM EDT Wed
1:00 AM - 3:00 AM BST Thu
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM AEST Thu
...and your timezone too!
Contact us if you need help
Out of stock
Am I An Emerging Artist?
As an emerging artist, you have been painting regularly and feel fairly confident in your one unique style.
You’ve taken workshops/courses and have already been selling your work to friends, family, and in community shows, markets and beyond.
Now you’re ready to take it to the next level!
YOU’RE INTERESTED IN:
- art critiques – getting expert feedback on your artwork
- selling – learn how to sell your artwork
- building your brand and marketing, leveraging social media well
- earning a steady income in an unsteady economy
- how to approach galleries and/or go solo successfully
- business skills – learn the mechanics of creating and sustaining a business as an artist
- production – studio set-up and time management to maximize production
- art licensing – what products to create, how to find a reputable producer
Meet Brad Teare
BRAD TEARE was raised in Kansas and moved to Idaho, where he built a log cabin near Moscow Mountain. Later, Teare moved to New York to pursue an illustration career. While there, he discovered his love for thick paint at a Van Gogh exhibit. Surprised at the paintings’ impact, Teare began exploring texture with palette knives. He returned west to pursue landscape painting. Other influences include William Wendt, Birger Sandzén, and Edgar Payne.
Teare prefers to paint from plein air sketches. He then paints larger versions channeling the chaos of the field paintings into his studio work. The process produces surprises impossible to replicate by painting from photos or imagination.
Teare attended the Maynard Dixon artist residency in Mount Carmel, Utah, and the Trinchera Ranch residency in Southern Colorado. Teare exhibited at the Salmagundi Club and The Forbes Galleries in New York City. In 2021 he won an award from the American Impressionist Society. Teare will show at Quest for the West 2022 at the Eiteljorg Museum.