Oil | Acrylic | Graphite
“I am on a continual quest to convincingly, blend realism and impressionism with my use of colour, mark-making and brush strokes to create sensitive portrayals of animals, and most signiﬁcantly, the horse. I enjoy initially sketching out value studies and then transferring it to canvas. I then map out a value study onto the canvas and then let it dry. This dry underpainting effectively becomes a map I can traverse, allowing me to become more expressive with the subsequent layers of colour without worrying about losing the fundamental form of the animal I am painting. As the painting evolves, I become one with the animal almost getting into the psyche of it, creating a character on canvas that exudes personality.”
join your group
Listed below are this Master’s specialty skills. Join this Master’s group if you want to grow your skills in these areas.
Colour and Composition
Supplies and Tools - what to use, where to save, and where to spend
Studio Setup for Art Production
Providing Art Critiques
Teaching How to Self Critique
MARKETING & BRANDING:
Shows and Exhibits
For Emerging Artists
Am I An Emerging Artist?
As an emerging artist, you have been painting regularly and feel fairly confident in your one unique style.
You've taken workshops/courses and have already been selling your work to friends, family, and in community shows, markets and beyond.
Now you're ready to take it to the next level!
YOU'RE INTERESTED IN:
- art critiques - getting expert feedback on your artwork
- selling - learn how to sell your artwork
- building your brand and marketing, leveraging social media well
- earning a steady income in an unsteady economy
- how to approach galleries and/or go solo successfully
- business skills - learn the mechanics of creating and sustaining a business as an artist
- production - studio set-up and time management to maximize production
- art licensing - what products to create, how to find a reputable producer
Stay in the Know!
Join our Mailing List to receive information about new Masters, Events and Mentorship Groups.
Many of us feel “abandoned” or alone in our artistic pursuits, and we’re looking for people to join us on our journey.
By combining interactive mentorship and trusted community, Mastrius offers a unique, powerful and affordable opportunity for growing artists like you to secure success and experience joy.