Mixed Media | Encaustic | Photography
Heidi F Beal is an interdisciplinary artist. She works primarily in mixed media painting using photography and encaustic. Her art is content driven and explores concepts of fertility, our relationship with the common vital life force in all living things, and the edge where life meets death. Beal’s artwork often references nude studies, architecture, transparent forms, fertility symbols, and found objects. As evidence of one of nature’s most dramatic expressions of our planet’s life cycle, nests and eggs are especially present in her work. Current works have centered around how we internally carry our life force with us. This has led her to paint with encaustic onto translucent surfaces and illuminate the works from inside or behind the pieces.
Beal’s artwork is narrative, gaining much of its creative inspiration from within herself. Introspective issues are explored, encouraging the viewer to be transformed to another place and time. For Beal, her art becomes a personal religion, crossing lines between traditional art, other disciplines, and her connection to Spirit. Beal says, “My art feels as though it is channeled through my body. As a conduit, I often feel as if Spirit is directing my hands. My mind then follows, reading the story my hands tell.”
Within mentorship groups with Heidi, members will have the opportunity to fill in voids of existing encaustic techniques and advance their skills. The focus of the group, however, will be to develop a deeper understanding of the content and intent of their work, hone in on a more authentic voice, and perhaps look inside one’s self for inspiration.
join your group
- Next session: February 01, 2023
- On the 1st Wednesday of every month
- Find Your Timezone:
5:00 PM - 7:00 PM MST Wed
7:00 PM - 9:00 PM EST Wed
12:00 AM - 2:00 AM GMT Thu
11:00 AM - 1:00 PM AEDT Thu
Listed below are this Master’s specialty skills. Join this group if you want to grow your skills in these areas.
Studio Setup for Art Production
Supplies and Tools – what to use, where to save, and where to spend
MARKETING & BRANDING:
Finding Your Artistic Voice
Finding Your Artistic Style
Shows and Exhibits
Running your art business the day-to-day
Products, Prints, & Reproductions
For ASPIRING & Emerging Artists
AM I AN ASPIRING ARTIST?
As an aspiring artist, you have been creating on the side, as a hobby, and now you're ready to take it to the next level!
YOU'RE INTERESTED IN:
- technique - color and composition
- art critiques - get feedback on your artwork to help you narrow and hone your style
- supplies and tools - where to save and where to spend
- marketing - learn to write your artist statement and CV, build your brand, launch a website, maximize your social media
- price artwork – because your time and talent have value
Am I An Emerging Artist?
As an emerging artist, you have been painting regularly and feel fairly confident in your one unique style.
You've taken workshops/courses and have already been selling your work to friends, family, and in community shows, markets and beyond.
Now you're ready to take it to the next level!
YOU'RE INTERESTED IN:
- art critiques - getting expert feedback on your artwork
- selling - learn how to sell your artwork
- building your brand and marketing, leveraging social media well
- earning a steady income in an unsteady economy
- how to approach galleries and/or go solo successfully
- business skills - learn the mechanics of creating and sustaining a business as an artist
- production - studio set-up and time management to maximize production
- art licensing - what products to create, how to find a reputable producer