Influenced by late 1800’s impressionism put into a modern context, Britt’s artwork focuses on capturing memories and feelings on canvas.
Working primarily in a figurative context, the paintings reference classical painting and photography with an emphasis on capturing and presenting moments in time and presenting the core essence of the portrayed subject.
“…Everyday moments delicately muddled through a rainy palette. A fly on the wall peering into the stillness. Each instance depicted with just enough space to fill the gaps of ghostly traces with our own narrative. Through the work of Britt Snyder, my narrative is quiet and simple. I can smell the earth and hear the small human sounds we make, even through the silence of contemplation. A body of work that speaks softly of the human condition.”
-Shenyah Webb Editor, Nailed Magazine
JOIN YOUR GROUP
- Next session: January 25, 2023
- On the 4th Wednesday of every month
- Find Your Timezone:
4:00 PM - 6:00 PM MST Wed
6:00 PM - 8:00 PM EST Wed
11:00 PM - 1:00 AM GMT Wed
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM AEDT Thu
Listed below are this Master’s specialty skills. Join this group if you want to grow your skills in these areas.
Colour and Composition
Studio Setup for Art Production
Providing Art Critiques
Teaching How to Self Critique
Supplies and Tools – what to use, where to save, and where to spend
Digital Art – painting in photoshop and other tools
Sculpting in Z-Bush
For Emerging Artists
Am I An Emerging Artist?
As an emerging artist, you have been painting regularly and feel fairly confident in your one unique style.
You've taken workshops/courses and have already been selling your work to friends, family, and in community shows, markets and beyond.
Now you're ready to take it to the next level!
YOU'RE INTERESTED IN:
- art critiques - getting expert feedback on your artwork
- selling - learn how to sell your artwork
- building your brand and marketing, leveraging social media well
- earning a steady income in an unsteady economy
- how to approach galleries and/or go solo successfully
- business skills - learn the mechanics of creating and sustaining a business as an artist
- production - studio set-up and time management to maximize production
- art licensing - what products to create, how to find a reputable producer
ABOUT THE ARTIST
“…You know that moment when you spot something out of the corner of your eye, and when you turn around to look at it, it’s gone?
That’s the sensation we get from Britt Snyder’s paintings.
His muddled brush strokes upend our perception of what’s real and what’s tangible, leaving ghostly traces that seem to follow his subjects’ movements.
While his work appears to be based on everyday scenes, they become disorienting and alien because of his execution.”
~ Nastia Voynovskaya
Contributing writer, High Fructose: The New Contemporary Art Magazine